Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break

Wait!! Is it over already?? It just started!!!!!!

After a rough start (hello stomach bug) the boys and I loaded up a day late to head to Tennessee. I love going home, and I love going to Tennessee. Mom had a "to-do" and we almost got it all done - not quite - but almost. The super important stuff got done - like taxes and shopping. And the cousins got a lot of playtime together, and my sister grilled steaks yesterday so how great it that?

We planted some lettuce, spinach, and strawberries.

I watched an episode of American Idol - well almost - I watched the first hour and then I got sleepy. I haven't ever watched a whole episode. And I think I have only seen a total of four partial episodes.

I read. I should of read more, but I read enough to leave the book on my mother's table. Now she has to mail it to me (sorry, mom).

Mom and I watched 8 full episodes of Castle, we managed to fit into our busy schedule.

Shopped. For Clothes. Jordan, Ethan and I - and not all together. Mom and I had a day by ourselves (thanks Jordan, Journee and Quinn for making sure Ethan didn't climb the roof).

Samantha, mom and I went to Aldis. The closest Aldis to me is in Memphis (a whopping 10% sales tax) so we went to Georgia (oh, lala, it 3%) near my sister's house. My pantry is now stocked - although how I fit it all in the car is another story.

My sister gave me tomato and pepper plants and a worm farm (pictures of farm will be taken when I get the inhabitants via USPS). Thanks, Sam! We tried to clean out her pantry - I don't think it will last long but with seven kids going in and out, what can you expect.

My mom got a Mac a couple of months ago, so we played on that a little. Well, I played. She finally got high speed internet and it was so nice. Now she is high-tech.

It is raining here now, so hopefully it will clear up. Phil has plans to till the garden. We want to make a compost bin.......one in a barrel. My blueberry plants will be here in two short weeks. The strawberries about the same. I need to decide what else I am planting. I am very enthusiastic through March, April and May. By June and July I have forgotten I even have plants. But not this year! I am determined.

We went through some of my grandmother's belongings. My mom went back to Arizona last month to clean out her home because it had sold. She brought back this awesome old radio. I am not sure how to make it work the way it is supposed to, but I have directions. I need to read up more on it, because I don't think it is a regular radio.

Didn't exercise.

Didn't watch what I ate.

Didn't worry about things I left undone at home.

Now it is back to school and looking forward to summer. Bring it on!

1 comment:

The McEwans said...

Aw, that sounds like you guys had fun! I wish I could have been there. I really wish I had female family companionship lately.