Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Utter Failure

So after I extolled the virtues and wisdom of staying OUT of the teacher's room, you of course know what I did yesterday.

I walked into the teacher's lounge.

I had a perfectly good reason for doing it at the time, although after what happened next I have since forgotten what said reason was.

There on the table, hot and fresh from the dear, sweet, wonderful ladies in the cafeteria - there they were - chewy, gooey, cinnamony cinnamon rolls.

Yikes.

I would like to say that I hesitated, that I struggled within myself to do the right thing, but I did not. I plunged right in.

And I took one from the middle.

I am so ashamed of myself.

So...when you see me next....and see the extra weight I am carrying around....you can say to yourself. That is the "Teacher's Lounge" in human form.

Sad, but true.

No comments: