Writing in red are my comments:
You DID keep those biscuits (pistachio biscuits from Pearlie Mae's - they were yummy) ! That makes me so sad. Well it's been going great so far. I am so tired all the time! Days drag on and on here but it feels like I've been here forever (it has been exactly seven days)!
I met my companion Elder Prawitt. He and my two other roommates are going to Montreal Canada! Their names are Elder Neff and Rasmusson. Elder prawitt and I get along great! Also in my district (classroom) there are four other elders going to France. Elder Newell, from Provo, Elder Reed from Canada, Elder Bonett from AF (hints to what this means?) and Elder Stephenson from England! Also there is a solo sister in there with us. Sister Soares from Brazil. Her dad is actually in the area presidency over my part of Africa.
I only have 30 minutes to email, and I would love to get dear elder emails too so I can respond more and I don't have to spend time reading! Can you explain on your blog how to use it so mes amis can all use it too (instructions below, notice the French?).
Well, I was called on Thursday to be district leader for my district. I hope that I can serve admirably and help my elders and sister grow as much as they can. I met 5 other people going to the Congo but they are going in 3 weeks... 6 weeks before me... so I'll be flying there by myself. Fortunately I will know a few people there though. The french teacher is actually an extremely recent RM from the same mission as me, so I've learned somethings. For instance. we'll have the best living conditions around, running water, washer and dryer, fridge, electricity stove and shower. but when we leave our room we'll be in the poorest countries on earth. Also, we'll be in the Cameroon, AND the Rep of Congo. The actual Congo! I Know, Right!? I'm excited. They said Congoleese French is very crisp and clear, and spoken slower than France french. for which I'm grateful.
The french program I'm doing is brand new, pilot testing is over, I have the finished result which is total french emmersion from day 1. We're learning lessons entirely in french, getting instructions in french (in the classroom at least) and we've already started teaching an amis de l'Eglise (investigator) entirely in french. It's Tough!!! But I think I've learned more french in 5 days than I have during 4 years of high school... which is good.
I met my companion Elder Prawitt. He and my two other roommates are going to Montreal Canada! Their names are Elder Neff and Rasmusson. Elder prawitt and I get along great! Also in my district (classroom) there are four other elders going to France. Elder Newell, from Provo, Elder Reed from Canada, Elder Bonett from AF (hints to what this means?) and Elder Stephenson from England! Also there is a solo sister in there with us. Sister Soares from Brazil. Her dad is actually in the area presidency over my part of Africa.
I only have 30 minutes to email, and I would love to get dear elder emails too so I can respond more and I don't have to spend time reading! Can you explain on your blog how to use it so mes amis can all use it too (instructions below, notice the French?).
Well, I was called on Thursday to be district leader for my district. I hope that I can serve admirably and help my elders and sister grow as much as they can. I met 5 other people going to the Congo but they are going in 3 weeks... 6 weeks before me... so I'll be flying there by myself. Fortunately I will know a few people there though. The french teacher is actually an extremely recent RM from the same mission as me, so I've learned somethings. For instance. we'll have the best living conditions around, running water, washer and dryer, fridge, electricity stove and shower. but when we leave our room we'll be in the poorest countries on earth. Also, we'll be in the Cameroon, AND the Rep of Congo. The actual Congo! I Know, Right!? I'm excited. They said Congoleese French is very crisp and clear, and spoken slower than France french. for which I'm grateful.
The french program I'm doing is brand new, pilot testing is over, I have the finished result which is total french emmersion from day 1. We're learning lessons entirely in french, getting instructions in french (in the classroom at least) and we've already started teaching an amis de l'Eglise (investigator) entirely in french. It's Tough!!! But I think I've learned more french in 5 days than I have during 4 years of high school... which is good.
Well, gotta wrap up, I have a list of things i forgot or need :) love you mom!
my other pair of dress pants
maybe an electric shaver?
my long sleeve shirts
some of dad's red bound journals that I can use
a pocket size french hymns? They're out here at the bookstore.
Also i spent 70 dollars for my typhoid, more l'argent s'il vous plait/
and my yellow fever shot card, I need it to get into the Congo. If you can't find it Brian Robinson's mom should have the records at the hospital.
Well I love you all! Jordan especially! I won't have much time to email each week! P day is Tuesday!
In farewell, my thoughts are sufficiently explained in Alma 29:9 ("I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.")
With love,
To send a letter through Dear Elder, go HERE and click on PROVO MTC POUCH. You can send a letter absolutely free and he can read it at his leisure. You can send letters through the pouch system free his entire two years. Don't let him get sad thinking you don't remember him! :-)
4 comments:
AF is Africa?
I don't know. I think he would of put the country of Africa if it was Africa. Plus, the Africans usually stay in an African MTC, I think.....puzzling.
It is Brianna here. AF typically means American Fork. It is only about 20 min away. It is always referred to as AF here. Hope that helps! You have a great blog fyi!
LOL, no wonder I didn't get it!! That is too funny. He is already becoming "utahized", lol.
Post a Comment