Logan is gone. I had him paged at the airport at 5:30 a.m. (he was allowed to talk to us before he left the country). It was a short call because he was a little concerned about getting to the Congo. Apparently, even though his itinerary said "CONGO" - the information at the airport said "CAMEROON" which really would of been a problem since he doesn't have a visa to get into Cameroon.....anyway......
I think he made it okay. He called briefly at noon to say all was well. He left New York at 3:30 eastern and lands in Frankfurt then on to the Congo. I think he arrives at 6:30 p.m. Congo time. Their time is 6 hours ahead of my time, so I suspect tomorrow at noon my time he will have landed. (Can you tell I am watching the clock????). I can't wait for his first email and I hope, hope, hope the senior missionary couple will take his picture and post it on their blog. If they do you can bet I will link to it!
And yes, I cried a little. But he sounded tres bien.
In other news - Ethan went on a plane ride today from our little local airport - so as soon as I get pictures from his parapro, I will post them.
No comments:
Post a Comment