Things seems to have gotten a little busy - so here is a quick update:
Phil: Just finished hosting "La Femme de Velo" women-only bike tour. It was very successful - 50 women toured. He is still organizing the shop, but things are going well and he hopes to have all of his new systems in place soon. We hired two college kids and a homeschooler who are working out great.
Susie: Loves teaching ESL. I am thinking about riding my bike to school from now on. Debating. Hate to think of "helmet hair." I get to feeling a little overwhelmed now and then, but I am managing to hold it all together. I need to work on my Spanish, but my sweet kids are teaching me a lot. I just nod and pretend like I know exactly what they said :-) I do my billing job in the morning, my school job during the day, and bookkeeping and such for Phil in the evenings. Laundry? Cleaning? Well, (cough, cough), you know - it gets done - on a JIT basis.
Logan: leaves for Africa in 8 days. He is super excited and "parle plus en plus francais chaque jour." We just found out this weekend that the Church is building a temple in his mission. We are very excited for the people in the Congo, it will be real blessing in their lives. He has not lost his sense of humor and he is still cracking me up - even from a distance.
Jordan: basketball, choir, school, church, scouts, work. Typical high school stuff. He is working on his Eagle project this weekend and then we are done!!!! Yippeeeee!! Another boy down. One more to go.
Ethan: Has his moments, but overall is doing great. He is way more technologically advanced that I would care for. He knows his way around computer, ipads and iphones way too well for my comfort level. It is nearing his birthday and he will celebrate the entire month. After that - on to hardcore Christmas celebrating, until about March. Then he will tone it down for a while. Yesterday he left the shop on a trike and was headed down the road towards home. So, just saying, some things haven't changed.
Hopefully I will be able to post pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment