Friday, October 14, 2011

Missing....


One of the big, necessary, important, vital, crucial things you MUST have to get into Africa is your proof of immunization from Yellow Fever.

You may remember from Logan's letter that he asked repeatedly for his Yellow Fever card. Well, that card had been sent to the travel office and I was told he would get it before he left. (You can tell where this story is going, can't you?)

I got a call from the Church today from "Julie" - Julie is a very nice girl we have been working with over the summer to make sure Logan had all of his ducks in a row to get into Africa. She worked on getting his visa and such. She said she had received an email from the DRC telling me Logan had arrived safely, but without his yellow fever card. (I am really going to get an earful in his first email.....). Officials let him in anyway because they know the Church makes sure they have all of their immunizations, but he had to pay money (a recurring theme in Africa).

So he is there, I have emailed Julie a copy of his immunization, and she will forward it to Africa.

All is well.

No comments: