Friday, January 31, 2014

Spaceman, Part II

Wednesday afternoon the home health nurse came and showed all of us how to work the "mask machine."  Seems Ethan, for some reason, has jumped in with both feet - not that I am complaining, I just think it is strange.

He was very ready for bedtime after Church Wednesday night.


I don't think it looks comfortable at all, but it must make him feel better because he is asking for it at night.  When I go and check on him during the night he looks like he is sleeping okay.



The machine is on an auto pressure setting that ranges from 4 to 12.  It bounces back and forth all night, but stays on average around "7".  However I have checked in on him and it has been at 10.4.  We have a baby monitor in the room so we can hear if the emergency beep goes off, like if the electricity went off or something.

I hope we see a difference in how Ethan feels as the nights go by and he is established in a routine.  The nurse will be back on Monday as Ethan's mask is leaving a red mark on the bridge of his nose.



Heres to another night - with hopefully a less sore nose.  I was told to put cotton under the gel pad to take the pressure off the bridge.  We will see!



No comments: