Today was our first meeting.
After a lengthy interview from a psych man who resembled this psych man:
We went into a lengthy talk with the respiratory therapist.
After enduring two hours of this and with Ethan looking longingly at the bed in the room, he hopped up there to try on a variety of masks.
He was more than enthusiastic, for some reason, because you can tell from the pictures the masks look anything but comfortable. I told him it would help him sleep better. And he could breathe better. And he knows all about breathing because Bill Nye is the expert and Bill Nye is his new best friend.
To be honest, I don't know how anyone can wear these, but I guess it is like anything else and if it makes you feel better it is worth it. We have one week of just wearing the mask some during the day, a week at night on the machine and then we go in for a recheck.
Wish us luck - I have a feeling we are going to have some pretty wild hair mornings!



No comments:
Post a Comment