After complaining about a scratchy throat yesterday, today I can complain about a painful cough and congestion. But, on the semi-bright side, I didn't have to go to school today because of ice! The dark side of that news is that summer vacation will be late in coming. But that is the way it goes. It is only January, so school may not actually get out until July at the rate we are going!
After collecting birthday and Christmas money, I was given this:

The first night I received it I put in some frozen chicken thighs and some marinade. Voila! In 30 minutes we were eating flavorful, tender chicken. Oh, la, la...the possibilities! I have canned with pressure cookers for years, but I haven't the opportunity to cook with one because my pressure canner is humongous. I have to can outside on the turkey-fryer base.
This cute lil' ole thing sits on my counter top and plugs in!
Tonight I put in some dry anasazi beans. I experimented with 30 minutes, but I really needed to do 40. They weren't quite tender enough at 30 minutes. While they were cooking I made some fresh tortillas and grated some cheddar.

No comments:
Post a Comment