Apparently Ethan felt he was going on a long trip as well. He packed half of his bedroom. You can't see it, but he has a backpack which contains an ipad, a million (or so) books, writing pads, his wallet, and various toys.
It was frigid cold, but we spent the morning at the Memphis temple. I had meetings there until about 12:30 so Phil and Ethan hung out and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and peaceful atmosphere.
"I'm so excited." That is what Ethan was saying ALL day!!! We were lucky enough to head out at 12:30 to see the afternoon performance of "Lion King" - with the broadway company!!
I have never been to the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis, but it was absolutely beautiful! It seats 2500 people and from the looks of it, every seat was sold.
The seats are super close together, Phil could hardly fit his legs in when he sat down. I did eye where the exits were, however, because I was imagining the horror of a fire alarm with that many people squished together.
We had pretty good seats (if any of you want to hear my "Secret Garden" sob story, just let me know.) Ethan kept signing, "I'm ready", but of course the start of the show was out of my hands. But let me tell you, the opening scene was so magnificent I was stunned. The whole show was just amazing and I loved every minute of it. Ethan was engrossed the entire time. He laughed at the jokes, gasped and covered his mouth when Mufasa died, and held on to me tight every time the hyenas entered the stage. He cheered when Simba returned to save the Pridelands and he thought Timon and Pumba were hilarious (which they were).
It was a choice experience for all of us. I can't wait until another show rolls through town!







No comments:
Post a Comment