And don't forget the time he and Megan left the week for Hawaii - Jospeh developed that infectious boil on his bottom that hurt the entire time they were gone.
With that said, I was more than a little apprehensive when Brian left this morning for Florida. Especially when I woke up this morning and heard Jack with an awful-sounding bark cough. Apparently he has that most mornings (allergies?) so I waited for the other shoe to fall......
It fell at 8:15 when the kitchen sink decided it would not drain. The garbage disposal was running normal but nothing was draining. Out of the blue. Just like that. I think Brian's plane actually took off at 8:05.
Like I said, it is really weird.
That is where GOOGLE came in handy. After church Megan and I both did our research. We opted for the easy try first - put ice cubes in the disposal. That would of been too easy. It didn't work.
So we went with the second plan - Megan's search turned up this:
Put a cup of baking soda in the drain. Add a cup of vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes.
Pour in boiling water.
It fell at 8:15 when the kitchen sink decided it would not drain. The garbage disposal was running normal but nothing was draining. Out of the blue. Just like that. I think Brian's plane actually took off at 8:05.
Like I said, it is really weird.
That is where GOOGLE came in handy. After church Megan and I both did our research. We opted for the easy try first - put ice cubes in the disposal. That would of been too easy. It didn't work.
So we went with the second plan - Megan's search turned up this:
Put a cup of baking soda in the drain. Add a cup of vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes.
Pour in boiling water.
And plunge. Megan decided to make a store run for a clean plunger. Neither one of us was fond of the idea of actually using the bathroom plunger. It was a little difficult for her to get her groove because her 8-month-pregnant belly was in the way, but she plunged liked a trooper.
I was amazed that it actually worked! We both were. It was one of the strangest things ever. Hurrah!



No comments:
Post a Comment