It would mean:
5 weeks off work
No driving for several weeks
My mom would have to be my nurse and live with us for 5-6 weeks.
I would not be able to lift anything, or do any housework or laundry for weeks.
I will not be able to really lift anything or exercise for anything for up to 6 months.
BUT....
If it worked, it would mean I would be pain free.
The doctor informed me on a Wednesday they could do it the following Tuesday (April 19). Of course, Phil is gone, but mom came up during the weekend and planned to stay long-term. My work friends assured me all would be well. I was able to clean the last of my office "just in case" I didn't make it back, and everything just fell into place.
I woke up after the surgery with no more nerve pain. After 6 months of constant pain I can't even describe how good it felt.
Now, less then two weeks after surgery and just three weeks away from moving, I feel like a new person. I am finally sleeping again, my appetite is starting to come back, I can move without numbing, constant pain. It feels WONDERFUL! I miss school - I miss my colleagues, I miss my kids, I miss being busy. But after being out for 90 minutes at church today, I came home exhausted. Apparently I am not ready to get back on my regular, normal schedule - it would seem the doctors know what they are talking about!
And except for the texts I sent to several people after the surgery that are unintelligible, I came out unscathed. I should have a minimal scar on my neck that will fade into "nothingness."
Google it and see how it works:
Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion (ACDF)
No comments:
Post a Comment