Oh my, today was hard. I love my job, and better yet, I loved going to work each day. How many people can say that? I work with an amazing group of ladies. They are kind, compassionate, talented, and passionate about their jobs. They love what they do, and they are very, very good at it. Everyone from the teachers, to the secretaries, to the counselor, to Rosie the janitor were good to me and so great to work with. They are just good people - inside and out.
I won't lie. I bawled when the students left Monday. Knowing I would never see them again just broke my heart.
It was even worse yesterday when I knew I wouldn't see my friends at school ever again.
Life can be hard in so many different ways.
Lindsey was my favorite second grade teacher. I could entrust her with any of "my" ELLs and she would do amazing things with them. She can help a struggling learner through just about anything. She is a talented teacher. Our school is so lucky to have her.
These two ladies are my partners in crime. Amanda (in purple) has shared a room with me for the last three years. I also worked with her in third grade. Julie (in green) has worked with me in first grade for the years. I can also count on her to crack.me.up. They are both excellent at what they do and I trust their advice and opinions in all things. They will be soooooo missed. It was a lonely drive home yesterday knowing I will not be working them anymore.
These girls helped me out this year and covered for me more than I can even count when I was hurting and sick. I always knew I could count on them - and even now, if I called they would be there. I was so blessed to have them in my life - both personally and professionally.
Saying goodbye is super hard, especially after all these years, but they have influenced and enriched my life so how lucky am I?
Goodbye my dear, dear friends.






No comments:
Post a Comment