Thursday, June 2, 2011

100 Degrees??

First day off.....ahhhhhh.....I filled the day with a doctor's appointment in Conway. It is amazing the cross-section of society you will find waiting in the office of an ob-gyn. I learned way more than I needed to know about an unwed expecting girl from her very loud mother. The mother explained how she got pregnant from a guy she barely knew who immediately left her. Who was, nonetheless, a good guy. They were waiting for the "baby daddy" to arrive any minute because he didn't miss appointments.

Very interesting.

She didn't find me interesting however, they soon left me to sit on the other side of the room to talk to another young pregnant girl and her mother.

On to other news:

H O T and H U M I D

Welcome to Arkansas - the perfect place for those that want everything. Floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, hail, ice storms, heat and humidity. We have it all.

My little garden is growing.......:-)
Some things are growing in my yard I don't want - think ANTS.
Someone gave us a chicken coop - it needs some work to get it ready and I'm still debating about actually getting chickens with neighbors so close.
Our yard is becoming a turtle sanctuary, although the turtles probably don't look at it that way.
Do you recognize your baby, Bryan?

5 comments:

Jessica Stevens said...

We LOVE our 4 chickens, but they do bring more flies (or maybe it just seems that way since we live in the middle of a cow field?). They are the only "pets" we've ever had that gave us food!

The McEwans said...

Get them! Brian will be building our coop when I'm in Arkansas. I don't think anything in our garden has come up yet. Jealous!

Sam I Am said...

Hens are pretty quiet. i would get some:-)
Your garden looks pretty nice! yay! If it doesn't rain here soon I will not have ANY CORN:-(

Susie said...

The tomato is one from the plants you gave me, Sami. I have email and looked online for chickens and can't find a lead anywhere! Where did you get yours, Jessica?

Jessica Stevens said...

I found them on craigslist, but Wilson's feed store in Searcy (I think it's on Pleasure) had some last year.