Thursday, June 16, 2011

Still Here

Still kickin'

Trek was wonderful, awesome, and amazing. I will post pics as soon as I get them, but all three of us (Phil, Jordan and I) came back changed and inspired.

The next day, after having people over for Sunday dinner, I rushed to Arkadelphia were I am spending two full weeks at ESL training. Whoohoo. Think 12 hours of class a day. I leave the hotel at 7:30 and get home at 8:30, exhausted. Think 3 meals and 3 snacks offered a day. Yep. I have had to be very careful. I am proud to say I have stayed away from the goodies and desserts. Have gone light on the meals and am mostly eating yogurt for breakfast and salads with grilled chicken for lunch and dinner. Every break I walk around campus. I'm trying! Really! I am only in day 4. My brain is mush.

This is a great opportunity, however. Arkansas is the only state that offers this kind of high-quality, intense training at the state level. They are doing it in four sites across the state, so almost 400 teachers and administrators are participating. It is fully funded, I just had to show up. We are learning from the best in the field from all over the country. With budgets being slashed, I don't know how much longer they will offer this, but this is the 9th year.

The boys are holding down the fort. They are the best. I really miss them :-) I know Phil misses me, but I'm not too sure about the other boys. I think there are a lot less chores to do when I am gone :-) (But I did leave a list!)

No comments: