This was how academy has been described:
13 days
13 hours a day
13 pounds gained
That about sums it up. Except I stopped eating lunches the 2nd day in. It made me so sleepy I couldn't stay awake for the afternoon sessions. In addition, the meals are very large. I have only eaten dessert one time since I have been here (I know, you are shocked). I have been skipping over the breads and desserts at dinner and focus on meats and veggies. Don't know that it is helping much as we are sitting so long. During our brief breaks almost the entire audience is outside walking, which is saying something when the heat index is 104.
We are not only being trained by experts in the top of their respective fields, we are getting their books as a bonus, waahooo. We have had presenters from around the U.S.
I am missing home and can't wait to get back. Ethan and I are going to head to Tennessee as soon as we can to enjoy a couple of weeks with Grandma and cousins before I head out to see Megan and the kids (yippee).
Phil has been taking the boys to play basketball and swim. They are having a blast. I think they have eaten at Taco Bell a few times, so that was a bonus for them :-)
Is Logan mission ready? Not even close. We haven't shopped for clothes, shoes, or supplies. We are slackers.
Where is the summer going??
1 comment:
You can shop out here...you can even do a mission registry haha. You are almost done!
Post a Comment