Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crazy for Seuss


Last summer Logan went with his cousin, Maddie, to see "Seussical." He came back singing the songs and so we ended up downloading the soundtrack. That was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made because Ethan knows how to work my phone and insists on listening to it ALL the time. Not only that, but when we brought home "Horton Hears a Who," he went crazy and had to watch it almost every day over Christmas Break. I know, I know - it's not healthy.

Anyway, now that we don't let him watch the movie (he would act it out for several days after) he has turned to the books. He has to read them himself. Do you know how long it takes to sign 54 pages of Dr. Seuss. Let me just say - give yourself plenty of time.

Why am I writing this you may ask? Well, at 6:30 this morning Ethan woke up and has been listening to the Seussical soundtrack every since. I only have to last until 8:30, however, that is the time I leave for a meeting in Little Rock, and peace, and quiet, and talk radio, lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the world do you sign a Seuss book when so many words are, well, not words? I'm with Ethan, though, I love Dr. Seuss. I do have to limit myself or I start speaking in rhyme. :-)

Kathy said...

I think Ethan and I would get along great. James was Horton, his Junior year. I have a video of the musical. Last year, while my floors and porch were being done/redone, I sat in the living room one day watching the video with James (and singing all the songs) I started crying (missing James, and I LOVE the musical) and the guy working on the house came in to ask something and I felt so foolish. A persons a person no matter how small!

Susie said...

Jessica, he only signs the easy ones with normal words, like "Green Eggs and Ham" and "The Cat in the Hat" - thank goodness.

Kathy, I think Ethan likes the sentiment to, a persons a person no matter how small. And James will be home in just a matter of week - then of course, he will be off to college.....but I digress. I will bet that James was a fantastic Horton! I am still looking for a broadway cast to come through Memphis or Little Rock.