Friday, February 6, 2009

Raining Hearts

Today was wonderful! If you haven't read this story - you should - there are a lot of things to talk about in it and some sweet lessons to learn. The little girl in the story is named "Cornelia Augusta" - what an amazing name, it rolls right off the tongue!

We also instituted our "Post Office" today. Thanks to my mom for letting me have her sewing machine, I was able to make some mailman vests for the children to take turns with when it is time to deliver the mail. They had the best time writing/drawing their letters, stuffing (and I do mean "stuffing") them into envelopes. I showed them how to use the scale and they weighed their letter to "buy" stamps. (They used stampers and ink, not real stamps :-) Then put them into the mailbox.

Oh my, what fun. And we also got out WATERCOLORS!!! Such simple things can make a five year old soooo happy!!

Oh, and any ideas you have seen and loved, pass them my way :-)

2 comments:

Journee said...

How great!!! Honestly, I do not know anyone as creative as you!

mary jane said...

How fun! Those kids are so lucky to have you!