Thursday, February 12, 2009

This & That

Ethan has appointments at Children's Hospital and the Deaf School tomorrow, so I went to my school today. By the way, there are no white children in this school - it is entirely low income African-Americans and Latinos.

Here is a sample of things I encountered today:

1. One little girl sat next to me and started sniffing. I looked down at her and she said "You smell good! Why you smell so good?" (answer: Bath & Body Lotion generously applied)

2. A beautiful little Latino girl with long dark hair messed with my curly hair all day -she was fascinated! Anytime I sat on the floor she magically appeared.



3. One little boy drew his family and there was a lil' bitty person drawn on the mommy's tummy. The teacher didn't know either, but apparently the mom is expecting a baby, lol.

4 comments:

The McEwans said...

Love the hair :)

Susie said...

Yeah, I look a little wiped out, don't I? It was a long day. That is may lazy style, "it's raining" style, and my "got up late" style. It is very versatile :-)

Sherri said...

It is good to have a style that can adapt to any circumstance. You can also use it for an "I don't care" day or a "What do you mean you forgot to tell me company is coming?" day or even a "President Who wants to meet me?" day. :)

Susie said...

Hey, well a little girl at church yesterday thought my girls hair was the funniest thing she had ever seen....I may get a complex.