Saturday, April 18, 2009

*#&@(!*@&*

You all remember the patterns my sister gave me to make a skirt and blouse?

Well -

First Attempt: Spent two hours in fabric store trying to decide what fabric to buy. Loved a print, but it was all cotton. Finally settled on two different kinds with flowers that I loved. The pattern calls for alternating panels.

Brought home the fabric (which wasn't on sale, btw) and cut the first set of fabric out WRONG. It is only one piece, you would think I could get it right, but alas, it was not to be.


Second Attempt: Went back to the fabric to get some more of the kind I messed up on. It was GONE!!!! Spent two more hours in store looking for a) something else to match the fabric I still had at home or b) get two more sets of matching fabric.

Ended up getting two more sets of fabric, cut it out correctly and began sewing. It went down hill from there - the instructions say to sew it with wrong sides together. I didn't like it, ripped out the whole skirt and sewed it with right sides together.

Finished it, except the hem, and hated the fabric, especially the two panel look- it looked like something from a circus. It is now in the costume box.

Third Attempt: Cut out the second part of the original material, started to sew - machine is not working properly. Worked on it for 30 minutes. Gave up. Everything is sitting on the shelf.
Maybe I should just have Sami make me one - in her "spare" time, hehe.

2 comments:

Journee said...

Oh Brother! Come visit and I'll make you one:-)

mary jane said...

Sewing. Argh. Somehow it is never as simple as it looks! I just got a new sewing machine for my birthday though, and I have high hopes that it will finally become a hobby I enjoy. I remember thinking that skirt was so cute...did Sami's have alternating fabrics?