Thursday, April 9, 2009

When NOT to multi-task


I decided I would make Cinnabon cinnamon rolls to take to the teachers at the school I go to every Friday. It was early in the evening, dinner was done, and the timing was perfect.

I had three big trays of beautiful cinnamon rolls rising. They were going to turn out perfect!

I put them in the oven to bake (speed bake - convection style). I set the timer on the microwave and merrily went about my way getting Ethan ready for bed, picking up the bedroom, putting away clothes, etc, etc.

I smelled something - could it be?????? No!!!!!!!

Jordan beat me to the kitchen. Apparently when I set the timer on the microwave, I didn't push "start".

Now we have three burnt trays of once-beautiful cinnamon rolls. What a waste!!!!!!

2 comments:

Adventures of Three Harts said...

my mouth was watering! can i be your pretend daughter? and come stay a week with you, and maybe you could make some when i am there :)
cinniman rolls or not, we'll still be glad to see ya tomorrow! the kids are already talking about how tomorrow is a mrs. mcGRAFF day!

mary jane said...

So sad! All that work! Waaa!