Friday, June 11, 2010

The Dungeness Spit

There is a tiny stretch of land along the Juan de Fuca that goes out to a lighthouse. It is an 11 mile round trip hike. Jordan, Phil and I went out to take the challenge today (yep, that's right, still no baby).

Phil had already run 10 miles so he didn't feel like a power-walk. Jordan wounded me by rolling a log down a hill while I was actually still standing on it. (Just a little blood, I have forgiven him :-)

It was....you guessed it.....cloudy, windy and chilly. I walked on ahead of the boys, so that is why there are no people pictures today.

I suspect I will be a little sore tomorrow. The last half mile of the walk is straight uphill.


The whole spit is covered with driftwood.

This is a representation of an angry boar....do you see it?

Jordan working on his bug collection.
This eagle was sitting on a piece of driftwood, just minding his own business. I just casually sauntered toward him like I didn't even see him. Of course I was stealthy. He didn't even care...Okay, so maybe he did.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Amazing pictures- LOVE the eagle!
Are you going to be sore from the hike or from Jordan rolling into you- or both?
I'm checking your blog compulsively looking for word of the baby! :-)

Susie said...

I am waking up compulsively all night - hoping to hear Megan up and about in labor. Grrr - this seems like forever. And yes, I have decided I will be sore from both. I should of sanitized the wound in the ocean water, but it even sounded cold - there was no way I was getting wet!

Journee said...

Love the pictures! :)
Hope Megan has her baby soon...