Friday, December 19, 2008

The Start of Vacation

Don't you just love the feel of Christmas vacation?

I spent the day avoiding traffic lines and doing odds and ends. Apparently I needed a project because I saw some Santa fabric (what was I even doing in a fabric store to begin with, I will never know) and decided to make Ethan a new stocking.
Now I will have to make the other boys one as well.....but I think they will want bigger ones.....

Logan began vacation with a party at a friends house, Ethan messed up his bedroom big time, and Jordan and his friends are creating a serious Lord of the Rings universe upstairs.
Just think......2 weeks of this!!!

7 comments:

The McEwans said...

Cute stocking :) Brian was much impressed with the LOTR

Susie said...

Well, I ditched that stocking, it can be for the cat. I went and got more fabric and some different fabric for the other boys (Logan is peppermints and Jordan is penguins). I made BIG stockings - They are cute!

mary jane said...

more stockings? pictures please! and, while I am making requests...I want Megan's taco recipe! Is it the same as yours? She made me hungry for tacos on one of her postings...then no recipe! cruel!

Susie said...

Well, they aren't fancy stocking - they are like the picture above - except BIG and I lined them so they are thick and sturdy. We just use the Arizona Brand corn tortillas for tacos and I usually use chicken, but we use whatever left over meat, and fry them up....YUM!!!!!

mary jane said...

Yum! So do you put the meat on the flat tortilla then fry it in a little oil in a frying pan? Then fold it in half?

Susie said...

No, put the meat in the middle, fold it, hold it with tongs in the oil bottom down until it cooks just a bit, then lay it on its side to cook the side, then flip. You are making me hungry!

mary jane said...

Yum! Thank you!