Monday, December 1, 2008

While the Cat's Away...

Ethan loves vanilla ice cream. We usually give just a tad each day after school. Nothing to brag about, just a little. Not much more than a spoonful. But he always gets "seconds" - which is usually just another spoonful.

Today Phil gave him his first helping and left with Jordan. It was Ethan and I home alone. I was in one side of the house working and he is was in the other, eating ice cream. It was very quiet - too quiet. I went looking for him and found that he was showing independence by getting his own second helping....

He was very generous with himself.
And yes, I took most of it out of his bowl. He didn't complain, so he must of known he was being sneaky :-)

4 comments:

The McEwans said...

Let no one say that kid is not smart...

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! My kids were impressed that you have popcorn and ice cream as after-schoool snacks. They thought it must be a Wed. thing! ;-)

Journee said...

Did Journee teach him that????? She does the SAME THING!

Susie said...

Well, as you can see sometimes the ice cream doesn't last that long...