I spent the morning getting to know them by taking them each aside and we made a special mitten name tag. They spelled their names for me and we drew mittens while they told me about themselves. Children love to talk!! It took me 2 1/2 hours to get through 16 children!!
Anyway - the center activities were all a hit - probably just because they were new - but we were able to get a lot of math, writing and language activities completed in the short afternoon. And it was all fun in what I like to call the "busy" classroom.
I couldn't find the best angle to get the whole tree without children crowding around - and I'm not allowed to take any pictures with them in it. So you get what you get - but they worked very hard on those mittens and did it all independently. Nothing is more fun to a five year old than a whole bottle of fresh glue :-)
5 comments:
Now, everyone can see what kinds of exciting, creative, and great activities me and the kids get to do all the time with this SPECTACULAR Women, Teacher, and Mom!!!!!!! She IS the BEST!!!!!!!
You goose, you aren't supposed to comment :-)
Lol. Looks good momma! I agree with dad :)
I agree...lucky kiddos. Imagine if ALL teachers were so patient and creative!
It sounds like it was a hit! Great job, Susie!
Post a Comment