Sunday, June 28, 2009
Family Canning
What good luck I have had! The day after I complained in my post about not having a canner - the canner arrived!
Friday was busily spent canning oats, wheat, and pasta. Everyone got involved, even a friend who had stayed the night.
Dad and the older boys were gone most of Saturday on a church trip, but Ethan and I managed to get 85 cans of dry milk filled (for those of you that have dry pack canned, you know how messy the dry milk is!).
After cleaning up the sticky floor and chairs, we waited for the guys to get home to do any more, we were beat!
Forget diamonds and rubies - a fully stocked pantry is this girl's best friend.
I wasn't totally prepared! We ran out of tape to put the boxes together to hold these cans, sigh.....my living room has become a fort of silver cans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoo hoo. You guys dun good
Post a Comment