Friday, June 5, 2009

Master Gardener

I wanted to preserve produce this year, but with my busy school schedule I knew I would slack off on the gardening and I would have nothing.

Enter: Jordan McGrath, Master Gardener. He has been planting, weeding and watering. In addition to cherry tomatoes he is now harvesting zucchini and summer squash!! The cucumbers are blooming like wild things and we have great hopes the green beans will produce. The romas got out late, the peppers look a little iffy, and the okra has already bit the dust......however, we have faith the cantalope will really shine.

Now, if I can only teach Jordan to do the actual canning..........

Thank you, Jordan!!!

2 comments:

Journee said...

Well, the new puppies destroyed 2 of my peppers I had in pots! The wild blackberries will be plentiful nthis year though:-)

mary jane said...

Great job Jordan! Nice to have a kid like that around :-)