Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Green Chili Taco Salad

First, I grabbed a few items out of storage. Next winter I will be sure to can more because I do not feel like canning in this southern heat.

(I will apologize up front for the washed out pictures - I don't know what has been up with my camera lately.....I know it can't be me!)
Green Chili:

seasoned beef (we just season with garlic, salt and pepper)
a can of tomatoes with green chilis
chopped onion

brown gravy seasoning sprinkled on if needed to thicken

Black Beans
a can of black beans
garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 small can of tomato juice
cilantro (which makes the world go round)

Spanish Rice (this was made for another party and left over)
2 c rice, browned over medium heat with garlic and onion in olive oil
4 C chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 TB cumin
dash of oregano

Put the browned rice in the broth (which has been mixed with the remaining ingredients and cook as you usually cook rice


Then Logan made some shells:

Then the cheese:

The rice and beans:

The beef:

The lettuce and sour cream:Yum!

5 comments:

The McEwans said...

Looks yummy!!

Journee said...

That looks great! We might try it tomorrow...I have left over roast in fridge.

Susie said...

Is this Sami responding or is Journee doing all of the cooking now???

Jessica said...

I'm SOOOO very glad you're blogging more these days! I've missed you!

Susie said...

Well, I have a few days off from school - well actually, there is work I could be doing, but I am justifying my actions. I do have to catch up on blogging.

Let get our priorities straight, after all!