Monday, June 29, 2009

Sparklers



A little bit from Bryan's letter this week, for those of you who don't get the whole thing:

Well we have good news this Monday morning. For the first time in two weeks it has not yet rained today. That is good for multiple reasons. But one important reason is that when it rains, water leaks thru the concrete roof and directly drips into the electric socket over my head. This causes my socket to fizzle and pop uncontrollably. Our house would have been decimated to ashes by now I’m sure except that our house is not made of wood. It is made of concrete. But my wall gets really, really hot. Sometimes it sparks out of the wall. I was sleeping one night and then Bang! Pop! Sparkle! I thought it was the fourth of July and someone lit a sparkler by my head. It startled me to say the least. It startled my companion too. So I moved my bed and readjusted my head. I called the office, but they said that the electrician was out till today. So maybe today is my lucky day.

No comments: