Friday, September 11, 2009

Salsaito

After spending money on 18 tomato plants and 9 jalapeno plants, waiting all summer, pulling weeds, watering, staking....(okay, Jordan did most of that, but I did remind him).....

And after eating all of the fresh pico de gallo we could.

I had the wonderful, growth filling opportunity to spend 30 minutes peeling and chopping tomatoes and onions and 1 1/2 hours de-seeding and chopping jalapelos and 30 minutes processing jars all so I could enjoy a measly 7 pints of salsa.

Is there really a point to all of this????

Yes! I don't really know what it is, but I know there is one somewhere!!

I just hope it tastes good. It was a new recipe and it called for ALOT of jalapenos - 6 cups! Yowza!!

I made Ethan (since it was just the two of us at home) bring me the Pace out of the refrigerator so I could see if they really do just put jalapeno peppers in there. Yep, they really do.

Nothing makes a person feel productive more than canning (well, maybe cleaning out the closet, organizing the junk drawer, and lining up all your clothes by color, pressure washing the house, getting all the toys into the right storage boxes, etc. etc.).

I know - I really do know how to live it up on a Friday night :-)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You should have called me! I would have loved to help- and learn!

Susie said...

Next time I will. It is more fun with a friend.