I planted these poor little flowers because our winters are usually mild enough that they flourish. How was I to know we would have a horrible winter. They have fought bravely, I hope they make it through our extremes in weather.

My nandinas should be okay....I think.
2 comments:
Susie, Summer flowers are pulled from all the beds around Temple Square after conference weekend. The grounds are then planted with thousands of bulbs for Spring and thousands of Pansies. I was surprised to see them do this here. But for about eight weeks they grew and really started to bloom and now whenever get get even two days in a row of 40 degree temps they perk up. So be of good cheer because Pansies are tough and they may still give you color this winter.
You are right!!! Today it reached into the mid 50's and they looked mighty perky (I was too, because it was a wonderful day!!)
Post a Comment