Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mother's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, because honestly, I don't know. But I do know she doesn't look her age!

My mom was born in Salt Lake City. Her father was stationed there in the military. She is the oldest of four siblings. All of them were born within five years!Mom was very active in high school - (mom is in the middle)
With her sister, Beverly. Don't you just love the skirts and the old car!
All the kids in Ajo climbed "A" Mountain. At the top of the big mountain is this cross. Now the land has been sold and no one is allowed to hike up there now :-(I love my mom. She has always let us do our own thing and expressed confidence in all we did. She is always supportive and there when we need her. She has a huge, soft heart. And she is a great grandma! She is always doing little things to make time special with the grandkids. (Plus, as you see below, you have to be very strong and have a sense of humor - that is mom holding my niece)

She is there for almost all special occassions. I appreciate the time she takes to come visit us so often. We have never lived close to her, but she always finds a way to spend time with us. This was taken just before Bryan left on his mission.
I love our camping trips together. Last year we traveled up to Yellowstone together and we all had a great time.

This is mom with Ethan in Arizona.



This is our five generation picture. More often than not, everyone thinks she is my sister. I know mom is flattered, but I'm not sure if I should be worried if I look too old myself........
Happy Birthday, Mom. We all love you so much! Thank you for all you do!

1 comment:

elaine said...

Susie,
This is a wonderful tribute to your mom.